Beyond a Will
Ways to Upgrade Your Estate Plan
Over the past months, many families have taken time to think about the future. This has led many people to create their wills to protect loved ones. Though a will is an important document, it’s not the only one that should be a part of your estate plan. As you continue to plan for your future, you should also:
- Choose an executor or trustee. Name someone you trust who is capable of carrying out the required duties. You may want to consider naming both a loved one and an experienced financial institution.
- Name a power of attorney. Assign someone to handle your financial affairs in the event that you are unable to do so yourself.
- Select a health care power of attorney. Designate someone to be your representative in the event you are unable to make decisions regarding your health care. Be sure they are aware of your wishes regarding lifesaving measures.
- Check up on insurance. Evaluate your insurance periodically. Make sure you have enough to cover changing needs.
- Consider supporting a favorite cause. You can use your estate plan to ensure your support for Augsburg University continues beyond your lifetime.
Include Us in Your Legacy
If a gift to Augsburg University is part of your future plans, contact Amy Alkire at firstname.lastname@example.org or 612-330-1188. It would be our honor to thank you for your generosity and ensure we use your gift as you intend.
Information contained herein was accurate at the time of posting. The information on this website is not intended as legal or tax advice. For such advice, please consult an attorney or tax advisor. Figures cited in any examples are for illustrative purposes only. References to tax rates include federal taxes only and are subject to change. State law may further impact your individual results. Annuities are subject to regulation by the State of California. Payments under such agreements, however, are not protected or otherwise guaranteed by any government agency or the California Life and Health Insurance Guarantee Association. A charitable gift annuity is not regulated by the Oklahoma Insurance Department and is not protected by a guaranty association affiliated with the Oklahoma Insurance Department. Charitable gift annuities are not regulated by and are not under the jurisdiction of the South Dakota Division of Insurance.